Thursday, October 11, 2012

Review: Crash Into You- Roni Loren

Hello all! Be prepared for a review blitz..I have been reading but lazy about blogging. Now it's catch-up time.

I read Crash Into You prior to starting this blog, but I follow Roni Loren on Twitter and word on the street (yes I have ALWAYS wanted to type that) is that her Loving on the Edge series is getting more books! This caused me to have a fangirl moment and re-read Crash Into You. And of course I remember why I love Roni Loren's books.

Her characters.

Brynn and Reid are the main characters in Crash and they are everything I love about a good character. This is a BDSM erotic romance and Brynn and Reid aren't your cookie cutter submissive and Dom. Brynn is feisty, smart, strong and once she embraces her submissiveness, she helps Reid deal with the fact that it's okay to want to dominate women in the bedroom.

Reid isn't your typical confident alpha male. He is afraid of dominance because of his family history and how high profile he is. I enjoy Reid's character immensely. Don't get me wrong, I love the typical cocky, self-assured, confidant in their dominance, characters that are typical of a BDSM romance...but there is something I find so endearing about Reid and his struggle to accept his desires.

There is a crushing, suspenseful and almost tragic event in Brynn's life that shapes her throughout the book. I found myself thinking "Go Girl!" when she took the steps she needed to heal. And Reid's bumbling decisions when it comes to sharing things with Brynn make him the less-than-perfect guy that I find myself interested in reading. I want to see him fix it and come out on top (giggle).

The secondary characters in the book are also intriguing. Jace, Reid's friend and fellow dominant. Grant, owner of The Ranch, the exclusive BDSM retreat where Brynn and Reid go to try to find her sister...all made me want to know their stories, which is what I look for in secondary characters. And Melt Into You (next in the series) does just that. It is Jace's story.

If you are looking for an atypical but awesome BDSM romance with just the right amount of intrigue and suspense...I highly recommend Crash Into You. I am keeping it on my bookshelf...and of course saving room for the other books in the series.

Loving on the Edge Series
Crash Into You
Still Into You (this is an e-novella about Jace's sister)
Melt Into You (Jace's story)
Fall Into You (Grant's story..owner of The Ranch)

As always, I welcome your comments and you can follow me on Twitter @jessieobrien25

No comments:

Post a Comment