Thursday, October 11, 2012

Review: Laid Open- Lauren Dane

I told you this was a review blitz!


Laid Open is a novella in Lauren Dane's Brown Siblings series. I seriously can't lie, this is one of my favorite series of books. The Brown's are so complex and gorgeously written, that I am so glad Ms. Dane choose to follow up on Eric, Todd and Ben's story.

Laid Open takes place after Never Enough (Adrian and Gillian's story) and I will say...unless you read Laid Bare, the first in the series and the beginning of Erin, Todd and Ben's story...well Laid Open won't make a bit of sense. I suggest starting from the beginning because frankly..it's worth it.
But just to lay a bit of ground work, Erin is married to Todd and Ben is their "third". They have a son named Alexander and are a unique and loving family.

As with all Lauren Dane's books, the sex is HOT. But what I was really interested in was knowing more about the dynamic of their relationship. These three people truly love each other, but it's not a perfect world. Readers will get to see how deep their love is, how they deal with the reoccurring memories of a tragedy and what I have been waiting for. A little more of Ben.

Laid Bare focused a lot on Todd and Erin, with Ben coming into the dynamic later. I was desperate to know more about how Ben felt about their relationship and Ms. Dane delivered. There was still the deep love and contentment amongst the three..but it made it a little more real knowing that even though it was pretty perfect most of the time, just like anyone else, they had their issues to deal with.

Please note, this is an erotic romance with BDSM elements and a committed menage relationship...including m/m. For heaven's sake, if that doesn't sound like your cup of tea don't buy it. You won't give it the appreciation it deserves.

This one will stay on my bookshelf keeping my other Brown Siblings books company. I may have to go reread the rest of the series...in anticipation of  Raven's book. (Such a long wait! I am ridiculously impatient!) I am also looking forward to the  new series that will feature Gillian's friends from Never Enough.

Brown Siblings Series
Laid Bare
Coming Undone
Inside Out
Never Enough
Laid Open


Go forth and read!

No comments:

Post a Comment