Saturday, August 4, 2012

Review: Game Misconduct- Bianca Sommerland

Hello everyone. I hope you are having a fine Saturday. I had a slutty encounter with some sangria last night so needless to say, my Friday night conversation with my friends wasn't about babies and housework ;)

So onto my review.

Game Misconduct is the first in the Dartmouth Cobras series by Bianca Sommerland. What attracted me to this book is the fact that it's a sports erotic romance. The Dartmouth Cobras are a professional hockey team and the heroine is Oriana Delgado, the team owner's daughter.

I had a few issues with this book. Oriana is dating Paul, the team's coach, but has feelings for Max Perron one of the players. Until she catches him in an "interesting" situation in an alley with a call girl and one of his teammates.

I need to stop here for moment. This book has a lot of sexual situations. Rape play, different degrees of BDSM, voyeurism and multiple partner sex to name a few. And while I have no issue reading about them, the way they were portrayed in this book can be summed up in one word. Confusing.

I don't know if it was me, but Oriana's trysts with all of the men on the team were hard to follow. I had to go over and re-read certain parts because I couldn't keep track of who was doing what to whom.

Also, the premise of the book was a little over the top for me. Silver, Oriana's sister, is left to do what she wants because she is the wild child so Oriana's father leaves her alone so she doesn't embarrass him further. Oriana is the good girl, stays will Paul because she is "supposed" to, until she realizes their relationship sucks. Then sweet little Oriana goes from good girl to team equipment in three paragraphs. The transition wasn't the smoothest in my opinion and added to the confusion of the story.

In the end, I enjoyed the different personalities of the guys. Sloan was the dominating sadist, Max the voyeur and Mason was the lead Dom. But in the end, Oriana didn't do it for me in the story.

There is a second book in this series, Defensive Zone and it's Silver's story. I am a little more interested in this one, because from the glimpse of Silver I got in Game Misconduct...I think I might like her character better.

As for Game Misconduct,  I sliding this one off the shelf to make room for Defensive Zone. If you think you can keep track of all the players in the book...feel free to go for it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. As always I would love recommendations and you can follow me on Twitter @jessieobrien25

Also, if you read Game Misconduct...I would love to know what you thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment