Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Electronics & Me...

We have a hate/hate relationship. They hate to work for me and I hate trying to figure out how they work.

And because technology makes the world go round..consider me fucked. Not in a hot, nasty, sexy way either. (Unless you consider the overheating laptop part of the equation. Love me some laptop thigh burn.)

I have recently become reinvested in writing (see previous Lazy Blogger post). Well, it is difficult to cater to my extremely sexy, dominating bitch of a muse (I fucking love her) if my computer won't stay on for MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES! Not to mention my constant fear of losing work. I learned that lesson when 4,000 or so gorgeous words disappeared before I could back up.

This weekend..the laptop officially died. It bought the farm, took a dirt nap..whatever euphemism for dead rocks your boat. So with the remainder of this story screaming inside me to be let out...I went to buy a new fucking laptop.

I reiterate. I hate technology, electronics, shit with buttons and wires blah blah blah. I like my cell phone and my Nook. That's it.

So an obscene amount of money, patience and screaming because it took me forever to figure out later...I can restrain my bitchy muse and get back to work.

And if one more person tells me to get an external hard drive again..I can't be responsible for what I do to you. But I suggest a high pain tolerance and a safe word. You will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment